Ashwini Reddy, a young fashion designer who has already influenced some grand weddings with her charismatic bridal creations love to carve duds to coveted classical pieces that every girl love to have alteast one. She envisions, imagines and sews creations that are pleasure to incorporate into the special moments to make them much more special.
1. Who/what inspired you to dive into this field?
Ensembles, fashion, hues altogether fantasized me to think over fashion designing. Indeed the obsession has its roots entrenched in my childhood itself and piled up thoughts on designing and ever-losing interest on innovating something new for people transformed me as a fashion designer who admires British fashion designer, Alexander McQueen.
2. What is fashion in your perspective?
Fashion has to be something that has its wings open for comfort. Beyond that, designs has to be original as more original a creation it is, the more unique it feels.
3. How do you stay up to date regarding trends?
I follow media to keep myself updated, alongside observing people from various perspectives of what they like and what they want pumps me up to create aesthetic silhouettes and ethnic wear with a contemporary touch.
4. What would one thing about a design catches your attention?
I always have an eye for colors and concentrate more on perfect blend. Mid-tones, bright colors, whatever it could be, it is primarily color that draws my attention towards a design.
5. Which skills make a fashion designer successful?
Proper imagination of the design, mixing colors in right proportions and dividing fashion elements according to the preferred design are a few important skills a fashion designer must possess to be successful.
6. Share something about your background
I’m an engineering graduate stride towards fashion designing with immense love for fashion innovations. I underwent to a course in NIFT followed by getting specialization in fashion designing from Milan, Italy.
7. Where do you see yourself after five years?
I’m excited to watch people across the world wearing my creations, and to make it happen am working towards expanding my outlets in various countries. So probably after five years you may see me operating couple of stores.
8. What has been your biggest professional success?
Designing keeping in the mind what customers want and giving life to their thought with my style of design is my biggest professional success. I design every day, I get applauded by people every day and I deliver the throughput beyond to what a customer want every day, so every day is a successful day for me.
9. What are your greatest strengths?
My family is my biggest strength. They mean a lot to me. Their continuous foster and support made me to live my dream of becoming a fashion designer.
10. Describe a typical day in your life as a fashion designer
I believe in creating what people want so I schedule my half of the day for getting everything that crafts a perfect design – from questing right material to what goes well with it, where as the remaining half day, it’s all fills up with taking care of undergoing sartorial works and designing.
Tips for ThefashionVu readers
- Stir up your special day with more glitter by keeping bridal wear simple yet elegant. Don’t make it as a room for confusion, manage things cool and subtle.
- If you’re descending to a soiree, prefer to pick darker shades as they add more aesthetic.